Nepean Main Floor Transformation
Our clients came to us and wanted very much to upscale and bring some life into their existing living space. They wanted their home to feel more polished while still feeling comfortable. We worked with their existing furniture and brought in new furnishing and all of the finishing touches to complete the look and feel of this beautiful home.
INTERIOR DESIGN story
Each project has an unique story that makes it special. Here are some highlights behind the photos.
New Area Carpets & Art
New area rugs and textiles for Living/Dining/Family Room. Artwork throughout main floor.
TV unit upgrade
Added a Niche above the fireplace to house electronics and installed the TV wiring behind the wall.
paint & mouldings
Painted entire main floor and added crown moulding throughout.
New Coffee/End Table in both Family Room/Living Room and Dining Room Furniture.
We were shopping around to hire a professional interior designer to decorate the main level, stairs area and the upper hallway of our home. After meeting and taking estimates from four different firms, we finally settled on Total Home. It was the ideas that were presented by Cindy at our first meeting as well as the friendly and courteous service and advice that attracted us to Total Home. There was never any pressure of any kind, so we felt at ease and involved.
The following is why we enjoyed working with and recommend Total Home (Cindy and Gilbert).
- Punctuality: They were always on time for appointments and also finished the work as promised, on the agreed-upon day.
- Courteousness: It’s very pleasant to work with them. They are professional in all their communication, written or in-person. They are pleasant and we didn’t feel like we were dealing with contractors.
- Communication: All the work was clearly explained in the estimates and if needed, we were always informed ahead of time of any changes and the reasons behind them. There were no surprises. This is a big plus.
- Staying within budget: All the work was always done within budget, what was on the estimate. Again, no surprises.
- Detail Orientated: All the work, such as crown molding, furniture, accessories and painting really work together very well. The colours, the art and the whole look fits together amazingly.
- Professionalism of the work (service and work performed): All the work done by Total Home was excellent in terms of workmanship and cleanliness. Gilbert did an amazing job doing the TV shelf and molding and always cleaned up nicely (inside and in the garage) after the job was complete. Cindy always remembered every little detail of the projects, kept all aspects under control and us you up to date with communication. We felt that Cindy was in-charge and we didn’t have to worry about anything.
We are very happy with the way our home looks now. It’s great and we had many compliments from neighbors and friends alike. Most important of all, everything went great and we never had any headaches that can so easily come up in such projects.
We will deal with Total Home again when we are doing the pot lights and the upper-level bedrooms.