Fireplace Redesign & Main Floor Transformation
Our clients brought us in to help them transform their dated fireplace wall, which morphed into a total Main Floor Transformation. This was an exciting project since were able to truly see what an impact such as redesigning the fireplace facade made on the overall space, and how in this case, it was not enough to leave everything else in its current design style.
Here is the project outline as it unfolded;
- built ins were redesigned and rebuilt to include; new custom drawers, shelves and trim. As well, we utilized the remaining marble from the fireplace surround as counters above the drawers.
- replaced the fireplace insert with one that was wet certified and to code and we added the beautiful new fireplace door
- we sourced this beautiful marble for the surround, built in counters & hearth.
- we designed, built and installed the beautiful custom mantle.
- we added crown moulding and trim to create a custom finish
Balance of Main Floor
- we carried the new crown moulding/trim throughout the living space.
- we modernized the existing pot lights from a 6″ diameter to a 4″ diameter.
- we added custom Hunter Douglas Luminettes to the Living Room and added a custom valance to the Kitchen.
- we restained the floor throughout the main floor.
- added new lighting
- replaced the railing/spindles/newel post to the staircase, as well as added this gorgeous carpet runner.
- replaced the old furniture with new pieces
- added gorgeous area rugs to Living/Dining/Family Room
- repainted the entire main floor.
Our sincerest Thanks, for the opportunity to work with you on this amazing adventure in design.
Greely Bathroom Redesign
This project was a lot of fun! You will notice when you compare the before image and the after image, that we did somewhat change the footprint of the bathroom. As lovely as those large corner or platform tubs once were, we are ripping them out of most bathroom remodels today! They take up a ton of real estate!
With the corner tub removed, we were able to add a freestanding tub, a larger custom shower, toilet and larger vanity with ample room to move around! This is a win win!
In the shower, we opted to add a long wall to wall niche, love this effect! Why not maximize on wall space and have added storage. I don’t know about you, but product can be a nightmare in the shower. In this case, we chose to use the floor tile to accent the niche and keep the design consistent in colour and style, but played up the floor to include the pebble tile.
The shower area really opened up with the choice of adding glass doors.
Notice how the shower niche is in line with the niche over the tub. We did this to create a horizontal line along that entire wall to add visual width to the room. It is an optical illusion that works wonders in a small space. We chose to add the adjacent wall colour to accentuate the niche cavity.
The electric fireplace is a great way to utilise the wall space and create a beautiful ambient backdrop, on those cold winter nights soaking in the tub. The mood lighting is both interesting and playful.
Ottawa - Small Bathroom Redesign
In this project, we had our work cut out for us. Our clients live in a small war home in Central Ottawa and so with a small home comes a small bathroom – to say the least.
Some of the challenges to the design, that needed to be implemented were; they have two small children and so seriously needed to add storage! Hmmm, add storage to and super tiny space??
The storage needed to include towel storage since they don’t have a linen closet, along with the everyday toiletry overstock a family generally has.
So, we rolled up our sleeves and got to work on creating this incredible – ‘miracle’ really! Have a look!
Greely Kitchen Redesign
What an incredible difference a few changes can make to a dated kitchen, without changing the footprint or replacing the cabinetry.
We did make some drastic changes otherwise such as;
- we chose this gorgeous paint colour called Aperture for the Kitchen cabinets.
- we selected these sexy new pulls for the cabinet fronts. They mimic the arc in the door style.
- we sourced this gorgeous new marble counter.
- we replaced the floor with this 12 x 24 porcelain tile.
- we added these beautiful new pendants above the new sink and faucet
- added new 4″ x 16″ subway tiles.
- we custom built the light box under the cabinets to house the pot lights.