Reason #1 – Internet Shopping
- The internet is usually the first stop, in your search to find a house.
- Most people will browse through photos on-line, even in the preliminary stages of house hunting, even if they already have an agent in mind.
- Your buyer will narrow down their search, on what appeals to them, strictly by looking at the photos. If the photos interest them, then, they will dig deeper on the homes details.
- Professional Home Staging, is a key component to ‘Featuring Your Home‘, in its best possible light. Especially, when buyers make their first decision, based on your on-line photos!
- 90% of buyers, will view your home on the MLS, before they will book an appointment to view it in person.
- If you are not featuring your house in its best possible light, you may loose many potential buyers, because of how your house looks on line, even though it may be the house of their dreams.
- Buyers make a decision within the first 7 – 10 seconds of entering your house! That’s alarming, but true.
- If you have areas in your home that are not clearly defined, it creates confusion, and your buyer will view it as a negative.
- It is estimated that 90% of buyers cannot visualize potential in your home. With this staggering statistic, it only makes good business sense, to properly prepare your home before listing.
- Buyers need to mentally move into your ‘house’, before they can make their ‘home‘.
- If your house appears ‘well lived in’… there is no sense of urgency to your buyer. The perception, is that you are not going anywhere soon. When you stage your house, you invoke that sense of urgency, because it represents itself well and buyers will know it won’t be on the market long.
- Your buyer will judge even the smallest of details… so, remove any deficiencies and WOW your buyer with a beautiful space they would be proud to live in!
- By showcasing your property, it will appear move in ready. Check!
- Your house will appear well maintained. Check!
- Your house will appear more desirable and in turn, you will attract more potential buyers. Check!
- Based on an analysis done by RESA (Real Estate Stager’s Association) Your house will sell faster than an un-staged house. Check!
- A staged house spends 73% less time on the market. Check!
- Staged houses stand out in buyers minds. Check!
- Staged houses often sell for more money. Check!
- Your buyers will have less reasons to ask for concessions. Check!
- Staged houses end up on your buyers ‘must see list’. Check!
- Selling your house faster, will enable you to ‘quickly move on to your new life’.
- When preparing your house for sale, by packing and de-cluttering, you will already have ‘half the battle beat’, come moving day.
- By professionally showcasing your property, you will be proud of the ‘representation of your home’.
- By hiring a professional property stager to properly showcase your house, you will feel much more at ease, as you continue on during this otherwise stressful experience.
- Professional Property Stager’s, remove the stress of ‘how do I make this place look it’s best, and appeal to the most amount of buyers’?
- By addressing deficiencies your professional property stager has identified, you greatly eliminate the buyers power of negotiating your price down.
- By having more foot traffic, because your house is on the buyers must see list, therefore having more offers, often resulting in a speedy sale, you end up with more money in your pocket! A great way to start on your new journey.
- A house that sits on the market.
- Not enough foot traffic.
- No offers, or at least respectable ones.
- Constant stress of upkeep, due to the longevity of the listing.
- The constant hunger of ‘I just want to sell this house’.
- The desperation of selling, most times resulting in a large price reduction – most price reductions start between $5,000 – $30,000! What a huge loss.
- The negative questions people will begin to ask, because of the longevity of the listing.
- The cost of keeping your house – Mortgage, taxes, utilities, upkeep.
- Maintaining your house for the duration of a long listing.
What are your thoughts on home staging? Do you feel there is value in it? Tell me your experiences with selling your home.
As always…helping you in caring for your Total Home!
Created and written by Cindy Charbonneau